27 May 2014

BABY SPRINKLE


Generally speaking… Baby Shower’s are not my idea of fun. Don’t get me wrong, I am happy to go to shower my female friends and family when they are expecting… but it was never something I wanted for myself.

When I was 30 weeks pregnant with Hank, a close friend organised a nice day at the races for me and 8 other friends, in my (and Hank’s honour). We had some rattle adorned cupcakes… but that was about as maternal as it got. It was a lovely day (despite the fact that it was outdoors on a 40+ degree day and I was, unbeknownst to me, suffering from severe pre eclmapsia). We finished the day by spending the afternoon/evening in one of the girls pools. 4 days later, Hank was prematurely born.
 

 

Fast forward to my current pregnancy, and I didn’t have to think twice about saying “yes” when my best friend asked if she could throw me a Baby Sprinkle (well, after I had asked WTF is a Baby Spinkle? – it’s the new name being given to a baby shower that is thrown for someone who already had kid/s, in case you have been living under a rock, like I obviously had)

Since Hank’s birth, I had always felt like I missed out on a lot of the ‘normal’ things one would normally experience in the third trimester… heck, some professionals would even say I was ‘mourning the loss of my third trimester’… a proper baby shower was one of those.

I gave my friend strict orders that there were to be no pegs involved, or sniffing of chocolate smeared nappies. I also expressed my concern that some ladies might not have heard of a baby sprinkle before, therefore may think it is odd to ask people to attend a baby shower for your second child. But we decided that if people had that much of a problem with it, they could decline the RSVP.

The invitation had a cute little saying explaining that ‘this sprinkle was just to show that we care’
 
 


 

 

It was low key, relaxed, but still plenty of ‘little man’ references – the perfect way to celebrate a baby sprinkle if you ask me. Bubba got very spoilt, and even has a collection of hand decorated bibs that my guests made for him.

To see where most of the inspiration came from, check out our board on Pinterest
Follow Corinne Anderson's board Baby sprinkle on Pinterest.

Have you, or would you, have a baby sprinkle?





 

No comments:

Post a Comment