08 February 2012

MOTIVATION WEDNESDAY

Happy Wednesday folks!

I don't know about you - but this def hits home...


Regardless of if I am on a health 'kick' or not - I would always tell myself that from lunch time Friday until I wake up on Monday morning - food and alcohol are a free-for-all.
It wasn't uncommon for myself and Adam to eat take out two nights over a weekend, and me to eat take away lunch at least twice. That's not even going into the alcohol.

Since the begining of the year, when I began this 'journey' I've been so mindful to treat my weekends like any other day. I make sure I work out of a Friday afternoon and either Saturday or Sunday. Last weekend was the first weekend all year that I've had alcohol - so I stuck to light beer (it was a wedding that had beer, wine & softdrink only) and only had around 4 over the course of the night. I attempt to eat a balanced meal for dinner especially and I basically allow myself 1 cheat meal - just ONE!

Plus - now that I am eating better - as soon as I have anything fatty or high in MSG - my belly makes me pay for it!!!

The funny thing is - the more you work out - the more I don't WANT to eat bad things. Last week when we ordered chinese... I only had a little & didnt even bother ordering spring rolls (my all time fav) becasue I thought to myself "Do you really want to waste your work out on this meal. My half hour gym session or swim wouldn't even work off the calories I'm about to eat".

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous4:58 PM

    This is SOOOOOO true!! I used to give myself 'Fat Friday' lunches and eat/drink whatever I wanted from that lunch until Sunday night.

    And then I started tracking my calories on the MyFitnessPal app. Hello scary calorie numbers on the weekend!!

    I'm making changes too. No more Fat Friday lunches. Choosing healthier options when getting take away or eating out. Cutting wayyyy back on the alocohol. And exercising on the weekend.

    I'm right here with you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are going so well! I'm still finding it hard to discipline myself to eat better. But it's true about working out and not feeling like eating bad things. A session at the gym always makes me want something light and healthy.

    ReplyDelete