31 January 2012

ODE TO WATER



If I have learnt one thing from my quest for a healthy mind, body and soul - it is the importance of drinking water.
I had always thought I drank enough water - I probably fill up my 600ml bottle twice during the day. And have a glass of two with my breakfast (I'm not a big juice fan).
But I soon realised 1500ml of water a day is infact, not enough.
I now try to drink 2500ml - 3000ml a day (that's about 4 or 5 600ml bottles). I seriously feel as though I permanently have a bottle of water attached to my lips.

Basically - if you've think you've had enough water. You haven't. Keep drinking!

I've replaced my lunch time can of coke zero and glass of coridal with dinner for water. My pee is basically clear (TMI?) and I notice I don't snack as much becasue I am too busy drinking!!!

Aside from all the above benefits- water has proven to be the best beauty product of all. My skin & hair feels healthier (even though I have been swimming in cholorinated pools) - I've had three people comment on my 'glow'. The whites of my eyes seem whiter and brigther (again, I've had a few people comment on my eyes in the last few weeks). And my dry lips, which see me go through a tub of Blistex a fortnight, have seemed to significantly improved.

If I could ever recommend one beauty tip - it would be this. Seriously. Try it. It won't hurt you. You don't have to break a sweat. You won't be uncomfortable (unless you have to hold a pee... that is never fun - but just strength those kegal muscles!)

Bottoms Up!
x

4 comments:

  1. I 110% agree with you here!!!
    I always notice how much better my skin is when I am drinking it. That and exercise doesn't hurt me either lol x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Spot on hun. I have my water bottle with me everywhere I go. And my fave soft drink? Sparkling mineral water - haha!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I try to drink so much more water. It does make me feel better but I know I should drink so much more. I do have the problem with needing to pee every 5 seconds though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I stopped drinking soda!! Yay! Me!! It's been more than am month since I've had the carbonated drink! Now all I drink is water, but I do need to drink more water!! Only thing that stops me is the having to go to the bathroom constantly!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete