13 February 2012

PRODUCT REVIEW; MIRAS HAND ARGAN OIL

Ok, so you all probably know how much of a Argan/Moroccan oil fanatic I am. If you missed it you can read about it here

I was using a product I got off eBay "One n Only" brand - and that you would probably find in your local hairdresser. Through a 'pro argan oil' post on Twitter - the founded and creator of Mira's Hand tweeted me to let me know about their up and coming range of 100% pure Argan Oil (god bless twitter!)

The product I was using was almost out - so I ordered from Mira's Hand.

The first thing I did was read the bottle. Ingredients: 100% pure Argan oil. 'Hmm, cool'  I thought.
I picked up the almost empty bottle of One n Only Argan Oil I was using to check the ingredients on that! I nearly died when I saw a list of ingredients I didnt even know how to pronounce (Dimethicone, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethiconol, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Fragrance (Parfum), Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil, Yellow 11 (CI 47000), Red 17 (CI 26100)

So when I have been raving about Argan Oil - it seems I haven't actually been using much Argan Oil at all. I spoke with Jamila from Mira's Hand and she said that some brands use as little as 4% Argan Oil in their ingredients. I try to use as many natural products as I can - so to think I was using all that crap on my hair AND FACE really pissed me off!!!

As soon as I opened the bottle and poured a bit of Mira's Hand Argan Oil into my hand I could immediately see the difference. To start with - the bottle only allows for a few sparce drops at a time... which trust me, is all you need. It wasn't nearly as oily or greasy as the concoction I had been using. It didn't have such a fragant scent too it (which is obviously because it hasn't an additional 'perfume' added to it). And it just seemed to soak into my skin and hair a lot quicker.

I used it both Saturday & Sunday morning before my early morning swims and when I got home and brushed out my swimming cap hair - it still felt pretty good considering all the chlorine. In fact I didn't even use shampoo on Sunday morning - just rinsed my hair, put in some conditioner then some argan oil once I was out of the shower.

Regardless of if you chose to purchase from Mira's Hand or not (although I really think you should support small and local businesses - mind you they are making quite a spalsh on the beauty scene!) please please plesae please make sure you are using 100% pure Argan oil. Otherwise you may as well be using a mixture of cooking oils, perfume & chemicals on your hair. It's simple - check the ingredients - it should be one thing only listed - ARGAN OIL.
All the hype about the benefits of Argan Oil (it is referred to as liquid gold) only apply to products that are 100% pure Argan oil. So the benefits of argan oil don't apply to companies who make Argan/Moroccan oil product with anything other than Argan oil.
The Moroccan woman whom have been using Argan oil for hundreds of years, and reaped the benefits, did not use oils laced with other chemicals and additives.

The only Argan Oil product I have found to be 100% pure is www.mirashand.com.au. Check out their website for other Argan oil products and many more ways to use Argan oil.

** Depsite what it may read like - I did actually purchas this product and have not been paid for this review. I just honestly think anyone who thinks they are using Argan oil should check the ingredients. Don't be fooled into thinking you are using a natural product , when you are more-than-likely using one that has toxins added to it**

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment