19 August 2014

LOVE TO DREAM SWADDLED UP REVIEW

When we finally got the OK to bring Max home from hospital, it was 8pm on a Monday night. We decided to bring him home that night once the hospital finally did their discharge and referral paperwork (knowing what we know now, we should have savoured one last night of decent sleep!)

The first few nights were horrible. He didn't stop screaming, he didn't settle and he definitely didn't sleep. I was desperate for ANYTHING that might help.

That's when I found his Love to Dream Swaddle Up that I had won via their Facebook page. I had heard great things about these... Apparently their arms being up is more of a natural position for most bub and promotes self soothing. 


The Swaddle Up is so soft, and really hugged Max's body. I think he did prefer his arms up, especially since his arms were not often "wrapped" in while he was in the NICU due to his IV lines.

It has a zip which opens both top and bottom which is super handy for late night nappy changes where I don't want to disturb him too much. 
The purpose of bottom opening zip, along with a clever opening in the back, allows for baby to be strapped into a 5 point harness (in the car seat or pram) whilst wearing the suit.



Was it the magic answer to get Max to sleep? No! But really... He is not going to be a great sleeper (I've come to accept that). 
It did help him settle a bit easier, and it great because I don't have to try to wrap him once he has already dozed off in my arms... I can simply pop him in his bassinet and hope and pray he stays asleep. 
Daddy Mummerina loves it because he could not, for the life of him, ever remember how to wrap him properly.
A few of the mums in my birth group swear by the Swaddle Up and say as soon as they started using them their babies were sleeping 5-6 hours at a time (yes, I am jealous!)

You can get the Love to Dream Swaddled Up from their store here from $39.95

Does your little one sleep in a Love to Dream suit?

Disclosure: I was not compensated or remunerated for this review, I'm just a fan who wan this product in a competition. This review is my own and honest opinion. For more information see my disclosure policy


No comments:

Post a Comment